Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Armchair BEA: Introduction

I can't believe it's already been a year since the last Armchair BEA. Where has the time gone?

Design credit: Emily of Emily's Reading Room

So, today is all about introductions, so I won't bore you with any more chitchat, but give you my answers right away.


1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself! Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

Hi, I am the mom of an amazing four year old boy. Technically, I've been blogging for almost a year and a half now, though it's been more sporadic than anything else over the last six months or so due to some personal issues.

2. Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year?

Yes, I participated last year and absolutely loved it, which is why I am joining in again this year. I discovered so many amazing blogs and I, especially, loved all the awesome twitter parties. I'm a little bit anti-social when it comes to twitter and all that. I'm way too shy to just start a conversation with anyone really, so having those parties and being able to just chime in and not feeling stupid about it, was a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to those again this year.

3. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?

I'm still reading BEAUTIFUL CREATURES by Kami Garcia. It's pretty good, though at times a bit slow.

There are two books I've read this year that I absolutely loved. The first one was released in 2012 and is VELVETEEN by Daniel Marks. I had been wanting to read it for months and then stumbled across it while searching through my local library's ebooks. Of course, I had to borrow it right away and devoured it in only a couple of days. The whole idea with purgatory and the way Daniel Marks described everything, was simply fascinating to me. I'm still hoping that there might be a sequel. This book also helped me get out of my reading funk which is yet another reason why I loved it so much and would recommend it to anyone who would listen to me.

The other book is WITH ALL MY SOUL by Rachel Vincent. This was a bittersweet read for me. I was excited and terrified at the same time when I picked it up to read. It's the last book in her Soul Screamers series and since it's one of my all-time favorite series, I was really sad it was going to end. I've also found the premise of her books surrounding bean sidhes, reapers, and hellions to be absolutely fascinating and unique. I adore her story telling. Plus, Tod Hudson is my favorite fictional character EVER! :)

4. Name your favorite blog(s) and explain why they are your favorite(s)!

First of, there's Fiktshun. It was the first book blog I ever came across. The design is absolutely gorgeous and Rachel's voice draws me in every time. Her reviews are amazing and I can never get enough of her "rambling" posts. She is also a very genuine person who is always willing to help you.

Another blog I love is Cuddlebuggery. I love their unique and hilarious voices. There never seems to be a dull moment, and their author interviews are epic. They don't shy away from negative reviews either - they say exactly what they think.

Other blogs I follow regularly are BookPics (love you, Alba girl!), YA Sisterhood, Parajunkee's View, and Two Chicks On Books.

5. What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?

Definitely The Shire or Rivendell from J.R.R. Tolkien's THE HOBBIT and THE LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy. Both places seem so beautiful and peaceful. I could just wonder around and enjoy the nature. :)


What about you? Is it your first time participating in Armchair BEA? What do you like most about it? Do you have any questions for me? I'd love to hear from you! Happy reading, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you! hope you enjoy your second year in Armchair BEA!
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sometimes feel shy chatting away on Twitter or FB. I always feel like I'm intruding on ppls. convo's but, I slowly started chatting and have found it to be fun, but addicting. I've been weaning my way off of spending too much time on Twitter & FB. It sucks up too much of my reading time. Have a great #ArmChairBEA week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm the exact same way. I always feel like I'm interrupting a great conversation. I haven't been on too much the last few months, but the last week or so, it's been more of a time-suck again. LOL
      Thanks again, and a have fab #ArmchairBEA week as well!!!

      Delete
  3. INA!!!! I'm in the commenting committee!!!!!!!
    And guess which one I HAD to stop by? lol
    Even if you weren't in my list to comment I would have had to stopped heheeh

    I'm shy too woman!!!! Don't give me that, you're not that shy on twitter and I LOVE that you love twitter parties though in THOSE is where I'm the shiest in!!!

    Seriously hahaha I feel all weird in them so I rather just follow than joining them.

    Anyway.

    OH MY GOD!!!!!!! WAMS!!
    And you're right, Beautiful Creatures gets a bit slow at times BUT BUT it's good. And I have to say I liked it better than Beautiful Darkness though that sequel too is good.

    -blushes, cries- OH MY GOD!! You listed me T_T Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And love you, hugs.

    Now I've got to go and continue my quest on commenting on a lot of blogs hehehe.
    Wish me luck.

    Have fun girl!

    ps. Thanks for stopping by my post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy this year too. Yes to Parajunkee. Rachel is awesome! I'm the same way on Twitter. Always feel like I'm back in high school wishing I had the guts to ask to sit at the cool table ;-)

    ReplyDelete