Saturday, January 19, 2013

Joining the: 2013 TBR PILE Reading Challenge

I have been meaning to write this post ever since I first read about this challenge on Rachel's blog fiktshun in early December, but somehow, time just flew by me without noticing, and we are now more than halfway through January already. Having said that, it's never too late to join a challenge, right? So, here I am, finally joining the


The purpose of this challenge is to read as many books from your TBR pile as possible during the year of 2013. None of the books can be from 2013 though. For all the rules and more info about the challenge, simply click on the banner above and it will take you to Rachel's post which has all the details you need to know.

I had originally planned on setting my goal for the "A Friendly Hug" challenge, meaning I would have to read 11 - 20 books, but since I can never be sure how much actual reading time I'm going get, I will only go for the "A Firm Handshake" level. If I read more than 10 books from my TBR pile, I will be even happier to move up a level.

While I don't have a specific list time wise yet, I do have some books I would like get off my reading pile during this challenge:


Unbound series by Rachel Vincent

The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa

Queen of the Dead by Stacey Kade

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Arson by Estevan Vega

If I Stay by Gayle Forman


Well, I think those will keep me busy for a while, anyway.

Okay, enough with the blabbering, off to read I go. Let the fun beging!

*****

Have any of you joined this challenge? How have you been making out so far? I would love to hear from you.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ina!!

    Actually I'm not a very big fan of challenges. I prefer to enjoy reading the book and it doesn't matter if I need serveral weeks to finish a book. Last week I found a challenge that convinced me. For each finished book/ audio book you put an amount between EUR 0,50 and EUR 5,00 in your piggy bank. 31 of December 2013 you can make the cash check and do what you want to do with the money: buy new books, have a nice lunch/ dinner on your vacacions...what ever you like!

    ReplyDelete