Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sweet Evil Read-Along: Week 3 - Truth or Dare



We are now into the third week of the Sweet Evil Read-Along which is being hosted by the always amazing Mindy of Magical Urban Fantasy Reads.

Like the last two weeks, there is also a topic for week three, and it is:

Truth or Dare

Where I grew up, we called it "Wahrheit oder Pflicht" which translate to "Truth or Obligation." I thought I remembered playing it once with my older brother and his friends, but as I was writing down the story, I realized it was only, what you would call, "Ding Dong Ditch" or "Ring and Run." My memory really isn't what it used to be.

So, now I have decided to tell you a few of my truths, since I can't really dare myself. They are just random.

1. I have moved seven times within the last seven years. At one point, I moved three times within ten months. During those seven moves, I changed countries twice and continents once.

*****

2. This next one is kind of embarrassing and I can't believe, I'm actually going to share it with you. I might be the slightest bit obsessed - though that's probably too strong of a word to use - with the number six. When I set my alarm clock, the time has to work out so I can divide it by six. Even sometimes when I'm eating or drinking, I make sure I chew or take a sip a certain number of times. Yes, yes, I do realize that does make me sound extremely weird. I've been doing it for years, and just can't seem to shake this odd habit of mine.

 *****

3. Yes, I need to take a break now because I'm exhausted and my brain doesn't seem to be functioning properly which results in me not being able to remember anything else. *sigh*

 *****

4. I bought two pears the other day and it was all Kaidan and Anna's fault! Seriously, I walked into the grocery store and when I saw the pears, I immediately had to think of the two of them. How could I not grab a couple?

 *****

5. I wish I could read faster. I envy all the people who read a book in four or less hours. Years and years ago I thought I was a pretty fast reader, but now I seem to take at least triple the time I needed before to finish a book...

 *****

6. Do you want to read a sad truth? It took me not one, not two, not three, no FOUR days to get to my number six. Yes, I have been sitting on this post for the past four days and the really sad part is, I don't have a whole lot to show for it, but well. *sigh*

*****

I think I will stop at number six, though. It's not because it's six, but because week three is nearing its end. Of course, I will not leave before giving you a


Mini Review
(more like Mini Thoughts)


For this week we were supposed to read chapters seventeen through twenty-five and I have to say one of my favorite parts of these chapters was the introduction of several new characters, but one in particular. No, I am not talking about Kopane, though he is...WOW... Intense!

No, I am talking about the always refreshing Ginger! I just love how very protective of and loyal to her sister, Marna, she is. Her comments are witty, smart, and yes, snarky. You can definitely tell she is masking hurt and betrayal behind those comments, and I love her all the more for it. She is one of my favorites, for sure, and I am hoping to read much, much more about her.

As a matter of fact, I picked one of Ginger's quotes to share with you this week:


"Ooh! We can have a slumber party with Anna, Gin!" Marna cut me off.

"Oooh, yes, goody," Ginger said in a deadpan tone. "The two of you can tell stories while I gag and puke."


I really, really enjoyed these chapters - so much so that I have finished the book already. Since I don't want to give anything away, in case you haven't read ahead yet, I won't say anymore right now.


Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment