Saturday, April 7, 2012

In My Mailbox #5 ~~ My Reading Pile #4

Gosh, I cannot believe it's been over a week since I last posted something. I am so sorry, but it's been kind of a hectic week. At the end of the day, I was always so exhausted, I couldn't even think about writing anything - especially something that's suppose to make sense. I didn't even really read anything either.

Enough with the rambling though. As I am sharing what's "In My Mailbox" this week - and last week, to be correct - I'm giving credit to Kristi from The Story Siren who came up with this weekly feature.

Here are the two gorgeous books I received:


I won both these books. "My Soul To Keep" I won from fiktshun as part of the Soul Screamers Reading Challenge. Isn't the cover just stunning? Oh, I love it so much! I have already started reading it too, because I don't want any of the last minute panic I had last month...

"Hex Hall" I won through a giveaway which the sweet Mag over at Geek Chic held a little while ago. To add to the awesomeness of this book, it is also SIGNED by the author, which is super cool! I have heard only great things about this series and cannot wait to discover it for myself.

Thank you both so, so much, Rachel and Mag!!! You are amazing!!!


*****This week at the library


Since my stack of books here at home has gotten pretty high, I didn't really want to borrow anything from the library, but what can I say...


The cover of "Eyes To See" by Joseph Nassise had been staring at me from the presentation shelf for almost a month. It's this shelf right by the check out where the latest additions to the library are displayed. When I first laid eyes on this cover, I was immediately drawn to it. I kept walking by it a few times, because I already had four books signed out at the time. Then one day I grabbed it and read the back cover of it, but ended up putting it back again. The next time I picked it up, I actually started reading the first few chapters while at the library, and then I just couldn't put it back again. The cover still blows me away every time I look at it.

Now, the second book is "Galileo's Daughter" and it is my Book Club read for this month. Honestly, though, I'm almost certain already, I won't be reading it - or at least I won't be finishing it. Don't get me wrong, I find Galileo very fascinating, but I have to be in the right kind of mind for this sort of book, and I am simply not there at the moment. We shall see, though, I still have two and a half weeks left to read it. Anything is possible.


My Reading Pile #4

"My Reading Pile" is an idea fiktshun came up with, where you share what you plan on reading in the upcoming week.

My hope for this week is to finish "My Soul To Keep" as well as my review copy for "The Forsaken" by Estevan Vega. I feel so bad I still haven't finished it, but this past week just flew by in a blur, and I wasn't really in the right frame of mind to do anything.

No matter what happens next though, when I'm done with these two, I'll only have eyes for one book - Alexander Gordon Smith's "Fugitives". I will not be able to contain myself any longer, it's been hard enough as it is already.

*****

Well, this is it for today. What about you? Did you get or buy any great books this week? Do you have a reading pile? I would love to here from you! 

***** 

Happy Easter and Happy Reading!!!



8 comments:

  1. Time does fly, doesn't it? Ugh, there's never enough time to read all the books you could possibly want.

    I hope you have a stress-free reading week this week and that your MSTKeep review isn't as hectic as it was last month!

    A copy of Hex Hall SIGNED is amazing! If you haven't yet read it, I hope you love it! It's a lot of fun and a super quick and easy read.

    Happy reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hex Hall is amazing, I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time sees to go by so fast. Never seems there is enough time to read. Enjoy your new reads.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hex Hall was SO much fun, I hope you love it! Enjoy all the other books you got in this week too :D

    You can check out my IMM video and post for this week at the link below-- Happy Reading! :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I hope you like Hex Hall, and I'm glad it got to you :) Those other books look awesome, too!!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mailbox this week! Enjoy :D

    Shortskie @ Rondo of a Possible World
    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your mailbox sure are exciting!
    Happy reading!

    Aai Marsh @ My Mailbox :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Hex Hall. Just read if for a book club a few days ago. It's like Harry Potter meets Fallen. I'm getting the second book from my cousin today so I can't wait to continue the series. My IMM

    ReplyDelete