Monday, February 27, 2012

Review: "Die For Me" by Amy Plum



Goodreads Description:

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.


This is the first book I have finished in almost a month, which in itself is a huge sign of how much I liked it. The whole idea of sacrificing yourself for others - mainly total strangers - and being reborn over and over again, was very intriguing, and unlike anything I had read before. "Revenants" are a very unique version of undead "creatures". Their sole purpose is to help others who are in desperate need of rescuing.

Kate seems like a very shy and quiet young woman who loves art and finds peace after her parents' death, spending most of her time in museums. With the culture and art scene, the Parisian setting felt so perfect for this story.

Even though Vincent as the main male character was very charming, romantic, and considerate, I found myself falling a little bit for Jules instead. I loved his humor and flirtatious remarks toward Kate - especially during the times when Vincent was volant.

Kate and Vincent's relationship is anything but normal and easy, but that's partially why it makes the story all the more interesting.

Lucien is his own kind of villain. I would never want to cross him, ever. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants. He is the perfect evil counterpart to Vincent's self-sacrificing character.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and would wholeheartedly recommend it to lovers of the YA Paranormal genre.

My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

If you would like to follow the author, Amy Plum, here is where you can find her:

website: http://www.amyplumbooks.com/

twitter: @iHeartRevenants

2 comments:

  1. I really need to read this book I own it but just haven't gotten around to it, great review, new follower

    www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and following my blog!!!

      I really enjoyed this book and get a tiny bit jealous when I see other people getting ARCs of "Until I Die". *lol*

      Delete