Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I read because of another blogger

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. The meme for this week is "Freebie" which means you can basically create any kind of top ten you like. Since this is my first time participating, I figured I would take a fairly easy one. I chose to make a list of books I read because of another blogger. I have to admit though, I don't remember some of the blogs' names anymore. Still, blogs "made" me read them. Okay, but enough of the rambling, here it comes - apart from the first two, there is no real order to them:


1. Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent


I read this series because of the wonderful Rachel from fiktshun and her awesome job of advocating for Tod Hudson during the YA Crush Tourney. As you can probably tell from my background, I can't get enough of Tod. "If I Die" is my favorite book in this series so far and that's why I chose it's cover. I am so happy to have read these books and to be re-reading them again as part of the Soul Screamers Reading Challenge (which you can find out more about here). You could almost say I'm "mildly" obsessed with them...


 2. Escape From Furnace by Alexander Gordon Smith


Another series I started because of fiktshun. The thing that first grabbed me, was this amazingly creepy cover. Then after I had read Rachel's review for it, I knew I just had to read it. It's just so dark and disturbing. It draws you in and won't release you until you're done. I can't believe how my chest still keeps tightening when I'm just thinking about these books...


3. Divergent by Veronica Roth


I cannot pinpoint a certain blog for this one. All I can remember is seeing this cover on pretty much every blog I visited. In the beginning, I was a bit worried. I tend to think books/movies can get over-hyped and so I wasn't sure whether to give this a try or not. Obviously, I decided to read it and I haven't regretted it for a second. I love the characters, the world, simply everything about it.


4. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead






It has been well over a year since I have started this series, so there is no way I can recall which blog I saw it on first. I know there were a few. The thing I found really intriguing about this series was the different take on vampires and their society. Of course, I also got sucked into the love, heartbreak, and everything else that came along with it. Adrian will probably always have a special place in my heart.


5. A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford



This is another one of those wonderful books I discovered through fiktshun (What can I say? It's my favorite blog out there.). I love, love, love the world Leah has created. I especially have a soft spot for Gabe... By the way, there is still time to vote for ATM's Luke for Villain of the Year. You can do that right here.


6. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


Again, I'm not sure what blog got me to pick up this series. It is an incredibly powerful story. Katniss is definitely one of my favorite heroines out there. This book made me laugh and cry and feel all sorts of emotions. I am hoping to read it again soon.


7. The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade


I feel so bad having to say "I don't remember" again... I do remember though when I first heard about it, I wasn't sure if it would be for me - the whole cheerleading thing almost turned me off. I tried it anyway and was pleasantly surprised. It's such a refreshing and funny read. I really want to read it's sequel "Queen of the Dead" but haven't had the chance to pick it up yet.


8. The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine


Another amazing series about vampires. Rachel Caine did such an incredible job, coming up with this plot and her twists and turns are unbelievable. It's one of my favorite vampire-related series for sure.


9. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


This is another book I read mainly because of the amazing review by fiktshun. This story is so gripping, it takes your breath away more than once. Juliette and Adam are wonderful characters, with so much strength, passion, and determination. Of course, I cannot leave out Warner - he is infuriating, dark, and also very, very intriguing.


10. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare


Last, but definitely not least, yet again another exciting supernatural series with an amazing cast of characters. I love Clary and Jace and Simon and Luke and, and, and. Of course, I cannot forget the wonderful and astounding Magnus Bane! One of the most colorful characters I have ever encountered in a book.


This shall conclude my very first Top Ten Tuesday. I hope you enjoyed it. Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment box below. Don't forget to head over to The Broke and the Bookish to check out other blogger's TTT.

7 comments:

  1. I read Divergent and The Hunger Games because of other bloggers as well! I'm finally getting around to reading the Soul Screamers books and The Vampire Academy books thanks to other people saying I should read them. Awesome top ten! :)

    My Top Ten: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-tuesday-another-freebie-week.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! :) I hope you'll like the Soul Screamers' books. I'm enjoying them even more the second time around. :D

      I'll go and check out your Top Ten right now. :)

      Delete
  2. I get most of my recommendations off of other blogs! What's really awesome is when you find other bloggers that have pretty similar tastes to you, because then you know that when they really love a book, chances are, you'll like it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!!!

      Exactly! I couldn't agree more with you. That's why half of these book recommendations came from the same blogger. LOL I love discovering new blogs because you never know what treasure you might find. :)

      Delete
  3. It's so nice to go around the blogosphere and find people who love the same books as you, and even nicer when those people recommend equally amazing books ^-^ I loved loved loved City of Bones, The Hunter Games, and Divergent. And I hope you have fun participating in the SSRC! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, sorry, I meant The Hunger Games* D:
      >.>

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for checking out my blog!!! :)

      I feel the same way. There are so many amazing books out there, I would never even have heard about if it wouldn't have been for other bloggers. Also, so far, everyone I've met in the blogosphere has been super nice and supportive. :)

      Oh, I'm sooo loving the SSRC!!! It's just an incredible series and am enjoying the books even more the second time around. :D

      Delete