Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Reading Pile #1

"My Reading Pile" is an idea created by fiktshun where you share the books you picked to read for the upcoming week.

Here are my picks for this week (January 29th - February 4th, 2012).

First of, I am hoping to finish Rachel Vincent's "My Soul to Take" tonight, so I can start reading my library books tomorrow. I have already had to renew them all once which I feel really bad about. I am going to try and be realistic here, so I am only going to list two books.

Enclave by Ann Aguirre


I remember hearing a lot of great things about this book and when I saw it sitting on a shelf at the library, I just had to grab it. It sounds like an amazing story and I can't wait to get lost in this world.



The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver


I am not really sure why, but I seem to be really into books with demons and all sorts of evil creatures lately, so this definitely sounds like the perfect book to me.


In addition to these books, I am also still in the middle of reading "Halo" by Alexandra Adornetto. Maybe I can back into it as well. It is a great book and I think with the SSRC going on, I just picked an unfortunate time to start reading it. I got so excited about the reading challenge, I couldn't concentrate on "Halo" anymore, which is not the fault of the book at all. We will see where I stand in a week from today.

What books are you hoping to read this week? Feel free to share your picks in the comments.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Demon Trapper's Daughter, but I absolutely LOVED Enclave. It rocked, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

    As far as what I'm planning on reading this week, I'd really like to start Clarity by Kim Harrington and The Girl In The Steel Corset by Kady Cross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't finish "MSTTake" last night. I was so exhausted, I fell asleep while reading. I only have about 20 pages left though. ;) I'm trying to make up my mind which of the two I should read first. They both sound amazing and are so different from each other. Decisions, decisions... I might have to sleep on that. *lol*

      I haven't read any of your choices, but I've only heard good things about "The Girl In The Steel Corset". I hope you'll like them both, though. :)

      Delete
  2. Enclave was *great* (psst, you should read that one first!) I haven't read The Demon Trapper's Daughter yet, but I think demons are pretty amazing too, so I might take it up some day :]

    I'm also hoping to finish MSTTake this week. I've only just met Tod (<3) ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL OK, I think you made up my mind for me - Enclave it is. :)

      Oh, I truly believe you are going to LOVE Tod the more you get to know him. Obviously, there will be moments were you could just smack him over the head, but hey, that's to be expected with someone like him, right? :P I finished "MSTTake" about an hour ago and I'm hoping to get my review/thoughts up by tomorrow night - or the day after at the latest. It just "grabbed" me again. I can't believe how much this series draws me. I absolutely love it! :)

      Delete
    2. Good choice :P :]

      I'm about 200 pages in, so I'm very close to finishing. Will you be posting your review on your blog, or Goodreads? :]

      Delete
    3. I'll definitely be posting it on my blog - since I started it mainly because of the SSRC. ;) I might post it on Goodreads too. Either way though, I'll be leaving a link on GR for sure. :)

      Delete
  3. I love Jana Oliver's series. I can't wait for the third book to be out, because wait until you read book two, there is quite the cliffhanger.

    Great pile you have this week. I hope you get to finish Halo - and let me know as I'll need to add it back to the pile in March!

    But Enclave I heard is amazing and is one of those books I'm dying to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remembered you saying how much you loved her series. It was the main reason I grabbed it at the library. :)

      I haven't finished "Halo" yet, though I really, really should. I totally forgot about it - it seriously just slipped my mind - and I started "Enclave" at like 2am last night instead. I only got to chapter three before I passed out, but I can already tell I will enjoy it. :D

      As for "Halo", I will finish it before February is over, for sure - I won't have a choice because I only have "Hades" for another three weeks or so before I have to bring it back to the library. ;)

      Delete