Sunday, January 15, 2012

my first post *yay* - originally posted January 8th, 2012

Well, after spending a few hours trying to make this blog look somewhat nice, I am now attempting to write my very first blog post. How exciting is that? It might not be exciting for you, but it is for me for sure. :) I don't quite know yet what all this will be about, but I figured, I have to start sometime, right?

I've actually been wanting to start my own blog for quite some time now, but with my family keeping me busy, I never really thought I could do it. I'm still not sure I can, but I'm going to give it a try, anyway.

The final push into doing this actually came from the wonderful Rachel over at www.fiktshun.com She is hosting this amazing Soul Screamers Challenge, which I just had to join. Then I figured what better reason to finally start a blog could there possibly be? I just had to do this. I absolutely love this series by the awesome Rachel Vincent (http://rkvincent.wordpress.com/) and cannot wait to re-read all the books and novellas again, and then share my thoughts and feelings with anybody who wants to listen - or read. :)

If you haven't already, you should sign up for this challenge by clicking the button below. As if reading these incredible books wasn't enough reason, they're also some really cool incentives offered by @fiktshun and Rachel Vincent. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead, and sign up now. :)

Soul Screamers Reading Challenge

Well, I think this is it for my very first post. That's not to say there won't be another one later tonight. You never know what I'm going to feel like. ;) I'm going to try to keep this blog mostly book-related, but I can't promise there won't be any rambling posts every now and then. That's just who I am. LOL

4 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Mag. This is wild, but I also just started my own blog, just about the same time as you. And amazingly enough, the SSRC was also a big push for me to finally make my own blog, Geek Chic. Anyway, from one new blogger to another, I'd really appreciate it if you'd check out my blog! I'm really liking yours so far!

    Hope to see you around the internet, lol!

    My blog: http://geekchicbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I was so excited when I got the message I had two new comments. :D

      Wow, what a coincidence! I'm actually hoping to get my first SSRC post up later tonight. I'll definitely be checking your blog out as well - it's actually open in another tab right now, I just have to finish this comment and then I'll have a look. ;) Anyway, sorry for the rambling. LOL Thank you so much for following and good luck with SSRC!!! *squee*

      Delete
    2. Thank YOU for visiting MY blog! I'm so excited to be blathering on about books and meeting new people who also like to blather on about books, lol! I'm looking forward to checking out your SSRC post! I literally just got mine up. It's very nice to meet you! :)

      Delete
    3. Oh, your SSRC post is up? Sweet! I'll have to go check it out right away. :)
      I'm almost embarrassed to say I still haven't got my SSRC post up. *hides in shame* I've just been so tired lately - all the time. It's driving me crazy. LOL I really do hope to get it up tonight, though. *fingerscrossed*
      It's very nice to meet you too! I hope we'll be able chat some more. :) If you're on twitter, feel free to follow me @smiling_ina and I'll follow you back. :D

      Delete