Sunday, January 15, 2012

In My Mailbox #1 - originally posted January 10th, 2012

This is a weekly event hosted by The Story Siren and this is my first time participating. There probably won't be too many of these coming from me since I don't get that many books send to me, and I can't really afford to buy too many books either. Instead, I'll probably do something like "This week at the library". :) I know we're almost halfway through January, but since I didn't want to post a picture of just one book, I put my two Christmas presents in this as well. Okay, here is what was in my mailbox: I'm really excited about all of these. Touch Of Frost by Jennifer Estep was a Secret Santa gift and I've been wanting to read this book for months. I'm also super, super stoked about finally getting Estevan Vega's Arson. It was actually the cover for the second book in this series, Ashes, that got my attention first. The author seems really cool too, and likes to interact with his readers. So yeah, I cannot wait to start reading this!!! Then there is Kristi Cook's Haven which I won in a giveaway hosted by Kelsey Meyers over at http://www.basicallybookworm.blogspot.com/ With it came also a signed bookmark and a really cool pin. :) This week at the library Well, since I've had so much fun already, I'm going to keep going and also add what I got at the library this past week. :) I actually joined a book club there too. Our first meeting will be at the end of the month, and I'm excited to see how it will go. It's one for all ages, so I'm not sure we'll actually read too much that's really up my alley, but hey, I'm always open to new things. Besides, it's the only book club in my area - unless I want to pose as a senior ;) - and I really, really want to share my love for books with others, so I figured it couldn't hurt to at least try it out. :) Anyway, long story short, here are my library finds... There's The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver, also known as "Forsaken". I remember hearing about it from Rachel over at fiktshun and was intrigued right away. Then there is Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. I've heard so many great things about this series, that I just had to grab this one. The librarian didn't like the cover at all. He thought it was too creepy. My guess is, he's never seen the cover for "Lockdown" before (I got that one on a different day). There are so many creepier covers, but anyway, I don't want to get carried away here. LOL Next we have Hades by Alexandra Adornetto. Unfortunately, I realized too late that it was the second book in the Halo series. For some reason, my library only carries the second book. I don't really like reading books on my computer, but I ended up getting "Halo" anyways, so I can read "Hades" right after. Up next is Enclave by Ann Aguirre. I've heard it's somewhat similar to "The Hunger Games" series which I absolutely love, so I just couldn't leave it standing there on the shelf. ;) Lastly, there is Alexander Gordon Smith's Lockdown. I am so, so thankful to Rachel from fiktshun for introducing me to this incredible series. If it wouldn't have been for her, I would have missed out on one of the most amazing series out there. I mostly got this one for my husband, actually, because I want him to get into these books as well. If I can squeeze it in though, I'll definitely read it again too. ;) Well, if you thought I was done, then you are mistaken. There is one more, one that I was most excited for. I won it at a giveaway from the wonderful fiktshun during the Heroine Tourney, which was hosted by the lovely ladies over at YA Sisterhood. Drum roll, please!!! And it was so incredibly awesome and sooo worth the wait!!! :D Okay, I think this is really it for tonight. I finished "Shatter Me" last night and am going to try to post my review maybe tomorrow. I'm a little under the weather though, so I'm not making any promises. ANYWAY, take care and thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment